Machine Learning Specialist
– Be a key person in one of the most important strategic initiatives in Orifarm
Do you want to be a driving part in rethinking the way Orifarm do business, exploit our vast data-access and utilize our expertise in the pharmaceutical industry? If you are thinking “yes, yes, yes!” and you like to be challenged, then we have a very exciting position in a newly started Digital Development Department.
About the job
As the machine learning specialist in digital development, you will become a very important driver in our mission to grow our business and our ambition to, not just keep our number 1 position in Europe, but to grow it significantly for the benefit of the end-consumer and tax-payers. The position as Machine Learning Specialist will be the cornerstone in building our internal ML competencies and proficiency. It is an area with huge amounts of data available and with potential to transform the way we do business. You will need strong creative problem solving skills and the technical background to implement such solutions. If you think that this could be the right role for you, we would like to learn more about you.
Your main tasks will be:
- Be the main driver and source of machine learning competencies in Orifarm. It will be your job to help define the needs and competencies required to succeed.
- Set up sophisticated data analysis models to help our business successfully forecast, predict and interpret the market.
- Scope the data need (type, quality, quantity etc.).
- Ensure data availability in collaboration with our IT department.
- Mentoring, training and collaboration of, and with, our student employees who are a very important part of Orifarm.
- Be the internal product owner of one of the most important data analysis- and business tools in Orifarm
Who are you?
- You have a relevant educational background, e.g. applied mathematics, statistics or other related disciplines.
- We expect you to have minimum 2-3 years experiences in building and developing machine learning applied in daily business.
- Curious and analytical mindset.
- Strong theoretical and applied background in machine learning, statistics, data-mining and optimization.
- Relying on your strong programming skills, you will contribute to the development of applications that make complex machine learning models accessible across our value chain.
- Desire and ability to grow into new process technology areas and learn new skills.
Who are we?
The Digital Development Department is a newly established strategic focus with the purpose of exploiting the huge potential that resonates throughout the company and across our markets. By digitalizing processes and utilizing the huge amounts of data that the pharmaceutical business offers, we will be a key-driver in fueling the growth of the future and ensuring constant innovation.
The department is in the process of being built, and thus any candidate will have the opportunity to put their mark on the department from the beginning. We are ambitious, customer centric and dynamic.
The explorer spirit still characterizes Orifarm, although we have now become a large, international company since Hans and Birgitte Bøgh-Sørensen founded the company in 1994. Our mission is to make important savings for the society via parallel imported and generic pharmaceuticals and to ensure that the consumers get better value for money. Seriously and determined, we strive to make this happen while insisting on being good colleagues, improving together, helping each other and innovating. This attitude may be of benefit to you.
In Orifarm we place great emphasis on both your professional and personal development and on giving you the opportunity to bring all of your skills into play.
We are located in Odense, where you will work with our dedicated colleagues in an open office environment, which allows us to have a friendly and informal atmosphere.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package and our staff canteen offers a variety of healthy menus every day, and physiotherapy will also be at your disposal.
If you need further information about the job please contact Head of Digital Development, Anders Skjoldemose Bech.
Application deadline:As soon as possible
Tlf.: +45 30 99 60 85